What is Builder?
Builder is an application composed of two main functions:
- A stand-alone application where you can create and manage operations and inspections for your service location.
- A place where you can feed that operation and inspection data to other applications that need them, such as your SRM application or other business system.
Why use Builder?
In the service repair industry, repairs are billed to the customer based on SRTs (standard repair times). SRTs indicate the typical amount of labor time to be multiplied against a service provider’s labor rate.
SRTs have become the standard by which repairs are billed to customers. They serve as a guideline for the service provider to charge similar repairs at the same rate.
For example, a published SRT guide, such as the MOTOR Truck and Van Labor Time Guide, can serve as a check and balance for customers to compare what they were billed for repair versus what is listed in a published SRT guide.
When you use Builder to create your own set of operations with specific parts, labor times (SRTs), and inspections, you can then add those operations to a case in your SRM application to provide guidance, estimates, and invoicing to customers and aid in the speed, accuracy, and reporting of the estimate and invoice process.
With the Builder application, you can also:
- Create variations within an operation for different asset types
- Assign parts and labor times to each operation
- Enter a fixed price on an operation for promotions
- Assign VMRS codes to operations to provide additional data
- Create an inspection out of an operation with possible outcomes
- Assign operations to failed outcomes
- Track and report on “upsell” repairs
- Import operations from another business system with the help of the Support team
To get started, see also: